Pet Calendar: Hug Your Hound DayLarry Kay
Pet Calendar: Hug Your Hound Day ~ September 11 (second Sunday of September)
Dogs may not have always been considered “pets,” but today’s dogs are pampered members of the family. Pet parents in the United States spend more than $6 billion on their pets annually! If you’re one of those doting pet parents, we urge you to celebrate Hug Your Hound Day on September 11. We believe you should hug your hound everyday, but let’s make a point of doing just that on Sunday!
Share your hound-hugging picture with us on our Positively Woof Facebook page!
The history of Hug Your Hound Day
Hug Your Hound Day was created “to remind people of the importance of having a long and lasting bond between you and your pet.”
Ways to celebrate
- Give your dog an extra helping of love and affection
- Stop and take a look at the world from their point of view; imagine how big the world looks (and how filled with feet and legs!) to a small dog
- Give them an additional healthy treat
- Take them on an extra long walk
- Do all you can to make certain your canine family members are healthy, happy and loved