Deb Barnes, over at Zee & Zoey’s Cat Chronicles wrote a fantastic post about breaking cats out of shelters because June is Adopt A Shelter Cat month. In her post on cat adoption she shares these reasons why cats are turned over to rescues or put up for adoption:
Pet Calendar: Adopt A Shelter Cat Month
1. Someone is allergic to the cat
2. Moving and can’t take the cat
3. Have a baby and worried about the cat hurting the baby
4. The cat is urinating or defecating outside the litter box
5. Have a dog and don’t think it will get along with the cat
6. The cat’s guardian died and provisions were not made for the cat
7. The cat is destroying the furniture in the house with its claws
8. The cat had an unexpected litter of kittens that can’t be cared for
9. The cat doesn’t get along with other cat(s) in the house
10. Can’t afford to take care of the cat
If you want to read the rest of the post in which she compares Orange Is The New Cat to the show Orange Is The New Black, you will find humor and an insightful look into the plight of cats in shelters. Who knows you may just want to adopt one… or more… yourself this month!
Show us your shelter cat. Tell us the story about how you rescued your cat, why you want to share your life with your cat and what you love most about him or her!