By Robbi Hess ~ Managing Editor Pet Calendar, Crimeless Cat Executive Story Editor, Chief Cat Herder
Pet Calendar: Black Cat Appreciation Day
Not everyone loves black cats. In fact, there are still myths and unfounded fears that black cats are bad luck. Here are some reasons we believe that black cats should be appreciated, loved and adopted!
- Black goes with everything! It is the ultimate accessory!
- When you’re wearing a “little black dress” their fur won’t show!
- In many cultures, black cats are a sign of good luck and fortune
- Black cats are just as loving and amazing as any other cat
- In Egyptian times, black cats were held in the highest esteem and to harm one was a capital offense
Celebrate Black Cat Appreciation Day by visiting your local shelter and cuddling a black cat. Go one step further and adopt a black cat. A sad fact is that black cats and black dogs are typically overlooked by potential adopters.
Today and every day celebrate the Black Cat!