Pet Calendar: National Napping MonthLarry Kay
By Robbi Hess ~ Managing Editor Pet Calendar, Crimeless Cat Executive Story Editor, Chief Cat Herder
Pet Calendar: National Napping Month
Our lives today are hectic, don’t you agree? If you live with dogs, cats, ferrets, hamsters, birds or reptiles I’ll bet you’ve noticed that they are good at many things one of which is napping. I look at my pets during the day and envy their ability to simply nap. I am not a great napper because I always feel I have “too much to do” and therefore don’t have the luxury to simply lie back and grab a few winks.
What lessons can we learn from our pets and their great skill at napping? Here are a few I’ve gleaned:
- Sleep is crucial to good health
- A nap will help you meet the next challenge aka long walk in the woods
- Your stresses will melt away, at least for a little, while while you nap
- If you can’t nap, take a meditation break. Rest your mind, body and spirit and you’ll come back to your tasks refreshed and renewed
- Take a break from the “crazy” of your day, curl up on the couch with your pet and a good book and relax
Watch your pets when they curl up in their beds, on your lap or on the sofa — don’t you yearn to join them and let your troubles drift away — even for a little while? Then do just that in celebration of National Napping Month!